Theme: European Christmas Holiday Country: Luxembourg Languages: German Unit of Currency: Euro Locations: Luxembourg City Year: 2012 Bucket list: Visiting Grand Ducal Palace
DO: WALK AROUND BEFORE SUNRISE
- Spending a few hours venturing around the city before the sunrise and photographing the brilliantly colored Grand Ducal Palace
Early morning Photography Sessions in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg:
1) Dark shadowed sky – Due to the early morning arrival in Luxembourg City, the sun did not yet make its presence. This provided the utilization of night photography and bought an hour before the sun was about to rise. In addition to having a good photography session, one of my favorite images was that of black crows circling the street lights and the majestic buildings enclosing the city’s statues. The sky was a tone of coloration that I had not seen on this trip; a touch of blue and black streaks hung over the Alzette and Petrusse rivers below.
2) Sunrise– As the sun slowly shown its presence, the busy streets around the city displayed brightly lit Christmas lights that aligned the ripples of the cobble-stoned streets. The blue and white sky quickly awoken the city and soon the large amounts of traffic were visible.
3) Location & uniqueness – For a capital, it is Lilliputian – just 80,000 residents – but is known as the undisputed heart of the country. Strategically located at the crossroads of Belgium, France, and Germany, Luxembourg City was built around a 10th century castle. I toured the city on foot and was able to walk through the city in an entire morning. Along the trip, I viewed various pastry shops, restaurants, and landmarks.
4) Grand Ducal Palace – The official residence of the royal family and Erstwhile town hall looked amazing lit up with the festive, yet soothing shades of orange, red, green, purple, and white. This was one of the main attractions in the city and definitely crafted the artistic and architectural atmosphere to the city’s sacred treasures.
Next stop: Brussels, Belgium!