Joshua Benford: Videographer
Hey! I’m Josh and 25 years old. My goals in life are to be a world known videographer and explore different languages and cultures. I have been to 48 states which is an impressive feat. The only states that I need to visit are Alaska and Hawaii. Adventurous, curious, and smart are words that often describe me.
“The Voyage of Discovery” will provide the opportunity to internationally travel, as well as, explore various cultures. I am looking forward to meeting new people, fellow backpackers like myself, and taste an assortment of unique foods around the globe. My goal is to be fluent in at least 4 languages by the end of this project.
3 Random Facts About Me:
1) My 2 favorite countries in the world are Germany and Spain. After this world trip I am planning to move to Europe. I am an intermediate speaker in Spanish.
2) I am very athletic – I played soccer and basketball at Rockwood Area High School.
3) I have been prepping to travel around the world for 2 years now, and am stoked to travel outside the US.
Maggie Benford: Director of Sales and Marketing
Hello! I’m Maggie and my daughter, Jessica, is the world traveler in the family, and has now recruited her brother(s) and myself for the adventure. My son, Joshua, is part of “The Voyage of Discovery” project. My youngest son, Jake, is attending Potomac State University and will also join the world trip at one stage.
I joined Jessica and Joshua for the North America Phase 1: Part 1, of “The Voyage of Discovery” where we had driven to my favorite location, the Florida Keys. During the world trip, I plan to travel with the kids and head to Paris, France once they reach Europe after their trek in Africa. In the meantime, I will be helping with the design and distribution of the merchandise, as well as promotional work, that will be available in late 2015.
I am excited for my kids, Jessica and Joshua, to have this opportunity to globe trot around the world. I look forward to seeing all 3 of my kids travel the world together.
3 Unique Facts About Me:
1) I reside in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA.
2) I have been to 48 out of 50 US states (I have not yet visited Alaska and Hawaii).
3) My favorite destination in the US is Key West, Florida. As for skiing and snowboarding, the best resort to visit is Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Champion, Pennsylvania. I worked here for a number of years and enjoyed working for Willis Ski and Snowboarding Corporation in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.